While it may be counterintuitive to encourage kids to have more screen time, managed digital interactivity can be really useful.
We’ve put together a list of fun FREE ideas for kids to do online, from playing games and learning new things on educational apps and everything in between!
1. Watch Eden Kids Club videos and learn how to make your own dino pebbles!
2. Play Cbeebies apps
3. Use Scratch and Scratch Jr. – a programming app that’s designed for children
4. Listen to Olaf’s voice actor read your kids a bedtime story
5. Learn touch typing with BBC Bitesize’s fun programme, Dance Mat Typing
6. The Big London Bake Team is set to upload baking recipes 3 times a week. Bake along!
7. Get stuck into a Play Hooray activity sheet
8. Eat through the 50 family movies every child should watch before they’re 16
9. Tour the British museum virtually
10. Tour NASA’s facilities
11. Join Audible and listen to stories together
12. Learn some magic tricks and hold a magic show in your house
13. Discover your family tree
14. Sing along to your favourite songs with the Smule App for Apple and Android
15. Watch Vancouver Aquarium’s live streams of their exhibits
16. Learn a new language
17. Listen to a kid friendly podcast
18. Learn astronomy with your kids with Star Walk Kids
19. Read free kids comics online
20. Become your own master painter by printing off some famous artwork colouring pages
21. Bring lifesize AR animals to your living room with Google Augmented Reality tools