Company Name: New Life
DEPUTY STORE MANAGER
Hours: 40 (5 in 7 days – Sunday to Saturday)
We are not like any other charity. All the stock in our stores is new, donated by retailers, allowing us to create a heaven for bargain hunters and savvy fashionista shoppers who want high street products at discount prices.
What we do and how we do it is unique and being a “Newlifer” is very special. Our team members are passionate about what they do and the contribution they make in helping the families we work with. At Newlife, our mission, simply put, is to change the lives of disabled children and their families. We provide access to the vital equipment they rely on, offer information and support through our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, sponsor pioneering medical research into the causes of birth defects and offer families a voice through our campaigns for change.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Manager looking for the next step in their career to join our new High Wycombe Store. As Deputy Store Manager you will support the Store Manager providing positive leadership, setting exceptional standards in a store with 15,000 square foot of selling space and work with a sales management team to inspire, motivate, engage and develop a team of 40 colleagues. You will, drive the customer experience and satisfaction, maintaining morale and creating/ supporting an operation that keeps customers coming back.
Your role/responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Store Manager to lead, inspire, motivate, develop and coach a high performing store sales team through effective leadership.
- Achieve and exceed sales targets and growth objectives through set KPI’s.
- Maintain a commercial mindset and continually identify and convert opportunities to drive store performance
- Maintain high store standards ensuring Newlife customers are provided with a positive, engaging shopping experience.
- You will be directly responsible for the effective day to day management of the store, including staff/rota planning, staff appraisals and general performance reviews.
- At times, you will need to deal with management issues such as disciplinary and grievances in a professional manager
- As part of the leadership team, you’ll work a rolling rota which will include weekends, evenings and sometimes, late nights.
- Key holder responsibility
We expect the Deputy Store Manager to take develop the culture in their store which is reflective of Newlife’s values. In return, we can offer the environment for you to be your best and realise your potential.
What we are looking for:
You’ll be able to work in a fast paced environment and be adaptable to change. You’ll be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results as well as spot talent and support their development. You’ll have good leadership and people skills as well as be a strong coach and role model who inspires the team to be the best they can be.
You will receive 28 days holiday, health cash plan membership, store discount, and pension scheme membership…. and of course the satisfaction of knowing that what you do is making a difference!
Visit https://newlifecharity.co.uk/jobs/ for more info.