Company Name: Eden
Digital Marketing and Retail Liaison Executive at Eden Shopping Centre, High Wycombe
Purpose of the Role
The ideal candidate will be a confident, self-motivated and commercially driven individual with a passion for retail and digital marketing. This is an energetic, busy and varied role supporting the centre management team at Eden, High Wycombe. The main focus of this role is to act as a liaison between individual stores and conduct all digital marketing for the centre as well as assisting in the development and implementation of the scheme’s marketing strategy utilising exceptional communication skills.
This role requires a candidate who is super creative, an ideas person, with a real passion for marketing, retail, analysis and comms.
There is a high level of liaison at many different levels; you will be responsible for managing relationships with over 100 stores. The successful candidate must be a strong source of communication between Centre Management and our Retail Partners. To produce accurate retailer statistical data, ensuring a continuous review across all retailer operations. Accountable for the management of our retailer meeting plans and to build relationships with all centre retailers to ensure Eden delivers a best in class service.
• Manage Eden’s website via a content management system. Update regularly with a combination of store offers, promotions, events and news as well as Eden related content. This will also involve actively securing content; building on store and influencer relationships in order to create engaging SEO content for the website.
• Manage Eden’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and explore new opportunities e.g. Pinterest and You Tube. Put forward innovative ideas and create inspiring content to grow engagement.
• Keep retailers informed of centre marketing activity by managing the retailer comms via Savills Insights app.
• Help grow the centre’s involvement within the community and build stronger relationships.
• Assist Eden’s Marketing Manager in organising centre events and promotions.
• Manage Eden’s print requirements.
• Grow and develop Eden’s Kids Club.
• Deputise in absence of Marketing Manager as and when necessary
• Be fully conversant with the demographics and socio-economics of Eden’s catchment.
• Meet with the retailers on a regular basis to discuss the marketing, promotional and advertising requirements for their business
• Stay abreast of market trends by actively networking and keeping up with all industry journals.
• Collate and analyse weekly/monthly occupier sales data, communicating areas of growth and risk to the management team producing trend analysis reports from trading data.
• Identify opportunities to drive revenue and profit, champion car park offers
• Collate, analyse and review all available data to help understand the retail, leisure and managed operation
• Maximise the usage of all data including footfall, path intelligence, dwell time, average spend, catchments and customer profile
• Have a strong understanding of the Centre’s competition and performance.
• Deliver feedback to management meetings and departmental managers daily/as required regarding retailer updates and issues arising.
• Undertake regular occupier visits in order to maintain a positive working relationships, gain constructive feedback and understanding. To provide support and assistance
• Communicate with retailers on a regular basis on operational issues including formal meetings, establishing effective working relationships
• Ensure retail compliance with regulations and lease covenants, as well as other compliance issues
• To respond to and coordinate retailer enquiries including operational issues, shop refreshes and performance issues
• Focus on overall delivery of excellent Customer Service and lead any customer service staff
• Take the lead in inducting any new occupiers and new store managers, advise of Health and safety issues and build awareness of the Centre and Client’s Brand
• Act as a mediator between external agencies such as trading standards and our occupiers to ensure any issues are resolved
• Maintain an up to date list of store managers, area managers and head office contacts and develop strong links with these groups.
• Work, in conjunction with the centre management team to develop and distribute any occupier information, newsletters. To develop local offers and initiatives.
• React to customer comments in liaison with the appropriate retailers, finding permanent solutions to reoccurring issues
• Be aware of retailer events and their impact on the centre and to ensure that these are well managed with communication and face to face contact with the centre team
• Engage occupiers to participate in any sales growth opportunities such as events, promotions and marketing activities in line with the centres marketing campaign
• Develop and undertake training programmes for the occupiers of the centre ensuring that these are relevant and focused on need
• Facilitate occupier meetings and forums, assisting with their planning and delivery, arranging guest speakers an store manager attendance
• Liaise with mall operators, to ensure the highest standards of presentation and service and to ensure that the operations comply with the mall space strategy
• Support the Mall retailing team in the delivering of their strategy for the centre
• To work alongside the Centre’s security team and local police to maximise information sharing and crime prevention strategies.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following:
• Have a demonstrable knowledge of the retail industry.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Relevant marketing, digital/new media, PR, journalism, or event management qualification or experience
• Digital and social media savvy – please include apps/websites you have used or are familiar with eg. scheduling sites, design (canva), wordpress, photoshop etc.
• Keen interest in fashion and culture.
• Natural flair for writing.
• Confident communicator, energetic, self-motivated and passionate about marketing and retail.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Self motivated and able to work on own initiative without ongoing direct supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, the public and potential customer groups at all levels.
• Willingness to adopt a flexible approach to working patterns and working ethos in order to respond to the changing needs of Leisure & Retail environment. The role will involve working hours in line with the peak trading times for occupiers.
• Proactive, reliable, flexible and a commitment to first class customer service.
• Knowledge of High Wycombe and the surrounding area
• Blogging experience
• Knowledge of Photoshop, illustrator, any design software.
• Ability to use full range of Microsoft applications inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• All Centre Management matters pertaining to the development and its retailers must at all times be kept confidential. Under no circumstances should confidential information be discussed with any party other than with the party directly involved with the issue. The Centre Manager must also at all times exercise discretion with disclosure of sensitive information to his staff and it is preferable, where possible to apply the “need to know” principle.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
If you are interested in this role please send a copy of your CV to Niamh.Crowley@edenshopping.co.uk.