Company Name: MenKind
At our Menkind store in High Wycombe, we have a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused and sales driven Store Manager. We are looking for someone who would relish the task of developing a new or existing sales orientated team, ensuring the customer engagement and experience is always at the forefront of their mind.
You will ideally have a solid successful background of sales in a busy retail environment, leading from the front and motivating your team to achieve their goals whilst personally driving sales.
Please read the following job description and if you feel you have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and the drive to succeed, then please apply.
To ensure the delivery of exceptional operational and commercial standards in your store, Drive sales, control costs and maximise profitability through effective leadership and guidance and development of the store team through effective recruiting, coaching and succession planning.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop a Sales Culture which will deliver a minimum of budgeted weekly sales.
- Ensure that the store achieves their specific KPIs as reported in the weekly stock and sales report.
- Maintain awareness of competitor activity within the area and report to the Regional Manager where appropriate.
Store and Service Standards
- Ensure the visual presentation of the store is maintained to a very high standard at all times, the store represents the brand and all new merchandising guidelines and initiatives are implemented effectively.
- Ensure that stock is effectively replenished on the shop floor and processes are in place to check all items in stock are on display and correctly priced.
- Maintain high levels of standards in the store relating to fixtures, fittings and lighting.
- Ensure that high standards of customer service are delivered at all times.
- Ensure all controllable costs are managed in line with budgets.
- Manage store hours in line with budget and store sales performance, ensuring no unauthorised overspends.
Stock and Cash Control
- Minimise stock loss by ensuring full compliance with all company procedures relating to faulty / damaged products and take effective action to reduce stock loss and write offs at store level.
- Ensure all stock rooms are maintained to a high standard with all stock accessible and treated with respect.
- Ensure stock accuracy and store security is maintained to prevent shrinkage and staff theft.
- Ensure the store is prepared for stocktakes in accordance with company guidelines.
- Liaise with the Warehouse regarding any stock control issues or delivery discrepancies.
- Liaise with the Buying & Merchandising team regarding any stock related issues.
- Ensure the store is fully compliant with regards to refunds, cash control and banking procedures.
HR / Health & Safety
- Liaise with HR to ensure that all people management issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Develop and implement robust action plans to address any areas of underperformance.
- Plan for succession within the store through the identification of individuals for potential development.
- Create a positive environment which adheres to our Dignity at Work policy and results in the retention of staff, reducing labour turnover.
- Ensure that the store adheres to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures.
- First Aid Responsible Person when on duty.
- Take full responsibility for Health & Safety within the store and ensure full compliance and adequate staff training.
Salary & Benefits:
- £23,000.00 per annum
- Online Staff Discount – 30%
- Sales Bonus (Discretionary)
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days holiday following completion of one full financial year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Life Insurance (after 3 months service)
Salary: £23,000.00 per year
- GCSE or equivalent (required)
- Retail management: 1 year (required)
- Retail sales: 1 year (required)