Company Name: Thorntons
SENIOR SALES ASSISTANT
Senior Sales Assistant
4-8 hours per week/ Permanent contract
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
Thorntons is Britain’s leading premium chocolate manufacturer and retailer. For over 100 years we have been exciting and delighting our customers through our high quality, innovative products, our legendary customer service and our commitment to our people and communities. We are proud to be recognised as one of Britain’s best loved brands and strive for people to love working for us as much as they love our products. We truly recognise that our people make us unique and they shape and develop the culture which drives our success.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sales Assistant to join our team. Confident, outgoing with a natural desire to engage with our customers, you’ll ensure every customer is welcomed when they arrive in store and help them to find the perfect gift or treat for themselves!
You’ll enjoy the challenge of meeting and exceeding store targets in a lively, friendly and busy retail environment. You will also be highly organised with lots of drive, a ‘can do’ approach and the initiative to drive great performance.
Your responsibilities will include
- Ensuring a legendary customer experience is delivered at all times, to every customer
- Carry out the duties and be responsible for the Store in the absence of the Management team including coaching and supporting the wider team
- Opening and closing the store when needed
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures
Further duties will include:
- Undertaking all management duties and responsibilities
- Being responsible for the security of the Company monies and property, which includes cashing up
- Banking, opening and closing the store. Attends call outs and deals with the situation appropriately
- Leads the team by example, motivates, delegates and communicates information (including daily targets) effectively
- Makes appropriate management decisions and ensures the smooth running of the store
- Takes responsibility for ordering and stock control as well as undertaking the stocktake when required
- Reports any issues, in the absence of store management to the Regional Manager promptly
Who we are looking for:
As a forward thinking employer who truly values our team members we will;
- Offer a dynamic and supportive store environment
- Provide training and ongoing opportunities for development
- Support to excel in your role and to be the best you can be
If you love to engage with your customers, support and develop within a team environment and have the ability to work in a fast paced retail environment, we would like to hear from you.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are – dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.