A new Youth Centre has opened on the second floor of High Wycombe Library.
The youth centre is a multi service drop in centre offering a range of FREE planned sessions and activities for all young people aged 12-18 years old.
Open 7 days a week, the service will provide specialist support to those who are vulnerable, as well as a timetable of activities for all young people to get involved in.
Support will be provided in the following areas:
- Crisis support clinics; a drop in service operating five days a week where young people can come in and access specialist support and signposting in the below areas from trained staff.
- Sexual health/unplanned pregnancy
- Family breakdown
- Substance misuse
- Health and wellbeing; a timetable of weekly activities focussing on positive mental and physical wellbeing.
- Nutrition and cooking- ideally both centres will have an allotment or some land to grow vegetables that can then be used to inform healthy eating and cook with. A weekly ‘cook along’ session will be available for young people to participate in where they learn the basics of cooking healthy and cheap meals.
- A timetable of fitness sessions including boxing, Kickboxing, yoga and more. There will also be a ladies/ girls only class for any females
- A weekly mental well-being session which will focus on topics such as positive body image, social media, mental resilience, stress management, positive relationships etc.
- A Youth Space for socialising and leisure activities;
- PS5 and Xbox series S
- Pool table, table tennis and more
- Place to chill and relax
- Weekly SEN Youth Group- open to young people with additional needs only who can come to socialise and also participate in sessions on life skills
Find the weekly timetable of activities and sessions below.
To find out more or to get in contact with the Youth Centre, click here.