While Eden is unable to host its annual Foodie Fair this year and The Big Buck Bake Off is an online affair (apply here), we’ve still got a bunch of tasty treats to look back on.
So, in this issue, we’re digging into the archives and delivering some of the most amazing recipes donated to us from some of the best celebrity chefs ever to grace the stage at Eden’s Food Fair.
2017 Celebrity Masterchef winner and all-round lovely TV star Angellica Bell took to the Eden Food Fair stage in 2018 and we’ll never forget her delicious dessert!
Nutella No Bake Cheescake – From Angellica Bell ‘Fantastic Eats (And How to Cook Them)’
While this isn’t a spontaneous recipe (it requires a lot of chilling) it’s definitely worth the wait.
250g digestive biscuits
50g toasted hazelnuts
100g melted salted butter
1. Break the digestives into a bowl of a food processor and blitz until they resemble crumbs. Add the hazelnuts and blitz again until they are broken down to your preferred size.
2. Add the melted butter and make sure everything is combined well.
3. Tip into a 9-inch round springform tin and press down with either your hands or the back of a spoon.
4. Put it in the fridge to chill.
500g cream cheese at room temperature (Philadelphia full fat)
1 x 371g jar Nutella at room temperature
50g icing sugar sifted
120ml double cream
1. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth.
2. Add the double cream and beat again until light.
3. Add the Nutella and vanilla and beat again.
4. Take your springform tin out of the fridge and carefully smooth the mixture over your biscuit base trying to keep the top as level as you possibly can.
Place the tin in the fridge for at least five hours or overnight.
180ml double cream
2 tsps icing sugar
Pack of Ferrero Rocher
50g toasted hazelnuts (optional)
1. When your cheesecake is ready to serve, whip the double cream with the icing sugar then pour into a piping bag and decorate around the edge of the cheesecake by piping swirls (up to 12) then pop a Ferrero Rocher on each.
2. Scatter chopped toasted hazelnuts in the centre if desired.
3. Serve or pop back in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.