Company Name: Menkind
Menkind recruiting for an Assistant Manager!
40 hours per week Full time/Permanent
Description: The Assistant Manager position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in achieving the business goals.
The Assistant Manager will play a key role in the delivery of exceptional operational and commercial standards throughout the store, driving sales, controlling costs and maximising profitability.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Help to develop a sales culture throughout the store which will deliver a minimum of budgeted weekly sales.
- Assist in day to day management of the shop floor operation, taking full control in the Store Manager’s absence.
- Assist in ensuring that the store achieves their specific KPIs as reported in the weekly stock and sales report.
Store and Service Standards
- Ensure the visual presentation of all stores is maintained to a very high standard at all times, represents the brand and all new merchandising guidelines and initiatives are implemented effectively.
- Ensure that stock is effectively replenished on the shop floor and processes are in place to check all items in stock are on display and correctly priced.
- Ensure that high standards of customer service are delivered at all times.
- Help ensure all controllable costs are managed in line with budgets.
- Assist in the management of store hours in line with budget and store sales performance, ensuring no unauthorised overspends.
Stock and Cash Control
- Minimise stock loss by ensuring full compliance with all company procedures relating to faulty / damaged products and take effective action to reduce stock loss and write offs at store level.
- Assist in ensuring all stock rooms are maintained to a high standard with all stock accessible and treated with respect.
- Ensure stock accuracy and store security is maintained to prevent shrinkage and staff theft.
- Liaise with the Store Manager regarding any stock control issues or delivery discrepancies.
- Ensure the store is fully compliant with regard to refunds, cash control and banking procedures.
HR / Health & Safety
- Create a positive environment which adheres to our Dignity at Work policy and results in the retention of staff, reducing labour turnover.
- Ensure that all team members adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety within the store and ensure full compliance whilst in charge; assist in providing staff training as necessary.
Child Care Vouchers
28 Days Annual Leave (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days with long service.
Click here to apply